Saturday, June 11, 2011

A poem a day

I've decided to write a poem a day. Or a  night. I can't sleep anyway, you'll learn all about my problems by reading my blogs. Or my poems. So here is my first one:

Now I lay me down to sleep
But sleeplessness is mine to keep
If I should die before I wake
No doubt it’s from the pills I take.

Awful, right? I say this prayer, that is, the real version, every night as I lay me down to sleeplessness. I don't really take pills. I would, but they just don't agree with me. Except Advil. I'm a little bit addicted to Advil. The stuff really works. I have pain in my mouth from old and future surgeries but other than that, I feel pretty good. Unless I consider how tired I am from not sleeping.
So ends my first post. It's not much, not great, not very interesting. But I promise it will get better. Because I am, after all, a damn (or is it damned?) good writer.
Love,
Maura at Night

2 comments:

  1. It is now 2:53 a.m. and I can't sleep either. I noticed your announcement on Facebook about starting a blog and immediately loved the blog title! So here I am, reading your 2 posts. I cracked up when I read the first poem. I can SO relate. I have actually wondered before if I might die from taking pills at night to keep me level and help me sleep. SOoooo funny!

    I also have blogs....

    http://myownsandbox.blogspot.com
    http://lifesbiggestblessings.blogspot.com
    http://thesaltshack.blogspot.com

    Great job Maura. And you're right...you ARE a damn (or is it damned) good writer! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment! You have made my day - see you at night!

    Love,
    Maura

    ReplyDelete